- Drape chain over the tire with cresent shaped “cams” facing out and open.
- Tuck the leading ends under the tire.
- Drive forward a couple feet.
- Close the chain ends on the backside (inside hook) of the tire, near the bulge (middle of sidewall).
5. Close the outside hook near the bulge and begin turning cams 180° until chains are very snog. Drive a short distance (20′) and then test if still snug. If no – close more cams. If all cams are closed and chains are still loose – open all cams and reconnect hooks (inside and outside) into a tighter position and repeat steps 4 and 5.